FM Palliative Care Physician-CRH Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 8 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a part-timePalliative Care FamilyPhysician for the Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH).
As the successful candidate you will:
- work with the regional team to provide palliative care to patients, including home visits, acute care, outpatient department, local palliative care/ hospice unit, local cancer centre;
- be willing to participate in the on-call schedule, in all of the above mentioned settings with a call expectation of 1:6;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Departments of Seniors Health and Family Medicine in AHS, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
- CCFP Required
- Must be eligible for a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta license
- Must be eligible to obtain a CPSA Provisional or General Register License
- Applicants must have appropriate specialty training or significant experience in Palliative care.
Preference will be given to Canadian-trained and/or equivalently trained physicians.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Palliative Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for serviceFor complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact the Alberta Medical Association www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
Visit www.chooselethbridge.cafor more community information
We thank you for your interest in a position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.