Gastroenterologist - Red Deer Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 13 views
We are looking for a physician with training in Gastroenterology. The successful candidate will provide endoscopy services to the Central Zone including Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy as well as advanced endoscopy including ERCP and stent placement. Ideally they will also have competency in endoscopic ultrasound. They will participate in the Gastroenterology department on-call schedule and see outpatients in our community based office. Participation in committees relevent to the Gastroenterology department would be expected.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in the scope of practice to be performed.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Hospital Name: Red Deer Regional Hospital CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 222No. of Surgical Beds: 72No. of Intensive Care Beds: 18No. of Labor & Delivery Beds: 33No. of Day Surgery Beds: 31Hospital Statistics:Deliveries: 2500/ yearAvailable Specialty Services (full-time and part-time):Orthopaedic Surgeon provides and has a pre-op clinic, full day of surgery and post op clinic every second week.A full time General Surgeon is on site that provides services including appendectomy, colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures.Radiology Services:Diagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 24 hoursKidney Dialysis Unit on Site: YesCancer Treatment Services Available on Site: Yes
- Posting Date: Aug 25, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.