General & Body Radiologist Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 15 views
Alberta Health Services South Zone is seeking a motivated, confident, hard-working and team-oriented Radiologist at the Chinook Regional Hospital; an additional Body Fellowship would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will:
- function as a general radiologist with special interest and expertise in their area of fellowship training;
- establish and maintain a full time Diagnostic Imagingpractice in the community of Lethbridge;
- provide inpatient and community consultation within the community of Lethbridge, which will include provision of on call services to the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- reside in and have as primary residence, the community or surrounding area of Lethbridge;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- Participate inquality improvement programs and initiatives.
- Provide Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
- have or be eligible to obtain FRCPC with a fellowship in Body Imaging Radiology.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
AHS Sponsorship offered for SPA portion of Practice Readiness Assessment only.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Diagnostic Imaging
- Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
- Secondary Specialty: Body
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee-for-ServiceFor complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact the Alberta Medical Association .
- Community Info: Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.Radiology Associates has been proudly serving the people of Lethbridge and Southwest Alberta for over 40 years in the regional hospital, surrounding community hospitals and in a community clinic. RAI provides a full complement of services at Chinook Regional Hospital including 24/7 coverage, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, echocardiography, MRI, CT (including cardiac CT and CT colonography) and interventional radiology procedures. Services provided at the clinic include ultrasound, echocardiography, X-ray, mammography, bone mineral densitometry, body composition, as well as therapeutic pain injections into multiple joints and bursae, and spine injections.
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.