General / Family Practitioner with Anesthesia Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Taber 103 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for afull-timeGeneral / Family Physician with enhanced GP-Anesthesia skillsat the Taber Health Centre.
Low risk obstetrical enhanced skills training is also desired and would be considered an asset.
As the successful candidate you will:
- provinde clinical services at least (5) days per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
- establish a primary residence and reside in the community of Taber or immediate surrounding area;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- provide provision of inpatient admission services for your patient panel;
- provide inpatient and community care within the community of Taber;
- participate in the on-call schedule at the Taber Health Centre;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department Seniors Health in AHS, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
Provide Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
Must be eligible for a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta license.
Preference will be given to Canadian-trained and/or equivalently trained physicians
It is desired that the individual shall have or be eligible for CCFP.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Anesthesia
- Secondary Specialty: Family Medicine - Anesthesia
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Payment varies based on community clinic practice chosen. Two established clinics recruiting. One Fee For Service (FFS) only; one primarily Alternate Remuneration Plan with blend of FFS. Rural On-Call stipend for ER evening/weekend shifts. Specialty on-call stipend 24/7 for anaesthesia providers.
- Community Info: Taber is famous for its corn due to the large amounts of sunshine the area receives. It is therefore known as the Corn Capital of Canada and holds an annual "Cornfest" in the last week of August.It is located approximately 51 km (32 mi) east of the City of Lethbridge.Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.**Thank you for your interest in the position of General / Family Practitioner at the Taber Health Centre in Taber. Please apply through DoctorJobs. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted**Nicole AshmanPlanner - Physician Resourcesnicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.