General Internal Medicine (GIM) - Red Deer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 7 views
We are looking for a physician with training in Internal Medicine. This position requires a scope of practice that will include: Clinical Practice Inpatient Care, Outpatient Care, Respiratory, Emergency Consults and Specialist On-call Coverage. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in the scope of practice to be performed.
- Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Internal Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
- Previous inpatient experience
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Hospital Name: Red Deer Regional Hospital CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 222No. of Surgical Beds: 72No. of Intensive Care Beds: 18No. of Labor & Delivery Beds: 33No. of Day Surgery Beds: 31Hospital Statistics:Deliveries: 2500/ yearAvailable Specialty Services (full-time and part-time):Orthopaedic Surgeon provides and has a pre-op clinic, full day of surgery and post op clinic every second week.A full time General Surgeon is on site that provides services including appendectomy, colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures.Radiology Services:Diagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 24 hoursKidney Dialysis Unit on Site: YesCancer Treatment Services Available on Site: Yes
- Posting Date: Jan 13, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.