General or Anatomical Pathologist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Grande Prairie 18 views
Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) North Sector, in Grande Prairie, Alberta is seeking qualified Anatomical / General Pathologists to join the team at the new Grande Prairie Regional Hospital.
While the position is primarily based at the New Grande Prairie Regional Hospital, involvement with rounds, and interaction with different Edmonton hospital sites and colleagues is a part of this position. The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, with its team of 96 pathologists and many consultants, functions as a Center of Excellence and valuable resource for the pathologists working in Grande Prairie as part of the larger APL team.
The successful applicant may also be considered for an appointment with the University of Alberta in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and PathologyLaboratory Medicine and Pathology. Teaching and interaction with a wide range of learners from undergraduate through postgraduate studies, with provision of interactive educational opportunities at all levels as well as participation in collaborative and translational research may be a part of this role, dependent on the successful candidate.
In accordance with the Canadian Foreign Workers requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. This position is available for AHS Sponsorship and Relocation Assistance.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Michael Mengel, Medical Director, North Sector, APL
Minimum qualifications include a MD, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta with certification in Anatomic Pathology, Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology or General Pathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the American Board of Pathology. A proven track record of collegiality and collaborative practice. The ability to multi-task and work in a face-paced hospital laboratory environment is a must.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective communication, skills in quality assurance, operational efficiency and appropriateness of care
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment that allows for delivery of quality service
- Ability to balance service and quality imperative in a resource-sensitive environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, building trust in working relationships, and being an overall team player
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Lab Medicine & Pathology
- Specialty: General Pathology
- Secondary Specialty: Anatomical Pathology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Precision Laboratories
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: An excellent remuneration package including relocation assistance is provided. Starting remuneration is commensurate with the level of fellowship training and experience. Remuneration range for a Pathologist in Alberta is $353,874.00 to $411,650.00.Candidates interviewed for this position may be considered for other positions.
- Community Info:
Grande Prairie is located about 450 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, and about the same distance north of Jasper National Park. Grande Prairie offers the best of both worlds - big city amenities without losing the comfort of a small, safe community and close proximity to outstanding wilderness areas. (Visit Grande Prairie Tourism website for more info: Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association.)
- Posting Date: Aug 8, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.