General Practitioner 22-BMS-FAM-GP-02 Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Banff 17 views
We are seeking a General Practitioner with relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a fulltime Family Medicine Practice in the beautiful community of Banff Alberta. The successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call work in Acute and Continuing Care at the Banff Mineral Springs Hospital. The scope of practice includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, continuing care, and community clinic work.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Required certifications, skills and experience:
- Certification in the College of Family Physicans (CCFP)
- Recent experience in independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- A successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience with both inpatients and private clinical practice.
Desired certifications, skills and experience:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Community / Primary Care
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This position is Fee for Service.
- Community Info: More information about the extraordinary mountain community of Banff can be found here: https://banff.ca/
- Posting Date: Mar 31, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.