General Practitioner - Anaesthetics Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 67 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time General Practitioner- Anaesthetics at the Crowsnest Pass Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
- establish a community practice in the Crowsnest Pass;
- participate in the on-call rotation for ER, as well as coverage in the Emergency Department of the Crowsnest Pass Health Centre;
- provide on call coverage for the operating room, surgical assist and Anesthesia;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services
- reside in and have as his/her primary residence Crowsnest Pass or surrounding area;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine in AHS, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
Additional Notes About Crowsnest Pass
The Municipality of Crowsnest Pass is tucked into the southwest corner of Alberta in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. This is a great place to live and we offer a number of services to our residents and visitors alike, from a wealth of community groups, Municipal Programs and excellent medical facilities. The Crowsnest Pass is Canada's southerly traveled corridor of the Rocky Mountains and is historically known for its scenic land of forests and peaks. The Crowsnest Pass offers a great quality of life with a healthy work-life balance. Live, Work and Play in the beautiful Rocky Mountain town of Crowsnest Pass.
For more information go to: http://www.crowsnestpass.com/
The successful candidate will:
- have or be eligible for CCFP preferred; full scope Family Medicine is an asset
- hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA)
- have successful completion of GP-Anesthesia Skills training
- have emergency room experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (required)
Compensation Type: Fee-for-Service
* For complete details on benefits, please visit The Alberta Medical Association
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.