General Practitioner - Coronation Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Coronation 5 views
Alberta Health Services is looking for a General Practitioner to establish a family medicine practice within Coronation. This position requires a scope of practice that includes community clinic, inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, and emergency room shifts for the communities of Coronation and Consort. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
Coronation Hospital & Care Centre has 10 Acute Care beds and 3 ER beds. Attached to the hospital is 23 LTC beds and 19 SL3 beds. Consort Hospital & Care Centre has 5 community support beds (Convalescence, Palliative, and Respite), Ambulatory Clinic/ER (available 0800 to 1700 Monday to Friday), and 15 LTC beds.
On-call guidelines for this area are as follows:
- Weekday evening call is from 1700 - 0800 hours the next morning. If the Consort physician is covering, they should be in Coronation at 1700 hours.
- Weekend call is from 1200 on Friday to 0800 hours on Monday. If Monday is a statuary holiday, then call is until 0800 hours on Tuesday. The on-call physician does rounds on hospital inpatients on weekends.
These are the hours for the local physician group covering on call for the 3 communities of Castor, Coronation, and Consort. Hours may vary when a locum is covering and then it is the responsibility of the physician for whom the locum is covering any hours the locum is not available.
RhPAP has a new initiative through the RESIDE program for Canadian medical graduates and Coronation has been identified as an eligible community for thisprogram. You can find more information here:20220906-FINAL_RESIDE_Infographic (rhpap.ca)
The Town of Coronation:Come and enjoy a rich quality of life for you and your family, while practicing medicine in Coronation. Coronation provides quality healthcare, excellent facilities, and strong support networks.Coronation is located along Highway #12 and is the largest community within the County of Paintearth. The residents are very proud of their community. The town of Coronation is a family friendly community with an abundance or services, supports and facilities for its citizens that are enjoyed and appreciated by all of its citizens. The economy is supported primarily by farming, ranching and the oil industry.
There is one school from Kindergarten to Grade 12 called Coronation School, with a small teacher to student ratio. The school belongs to the Clearview School District. The town includes many recreational facilities, including an indoor skating and hockey arena, a curling rink, baseball fields, soccer fields, new two-level fitness centre, taekwondo classes, dance classes, music classes, an outdoor swimming pool, bowling alley and numerous playgrounds and parks. There is a library called the Coronation Memorial Library which hosts a summer reading / activity program for the youth in the community. Coronation has some of the most sunlight hours in Canada. Its climate is mostly warm during the spring and summer with normal precipitation.
- Valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Emergency on-call experience
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Jan 16, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.