General Practitioner - Drayton Valley Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Drayton Valley 1 view
Alberta Health Services is seekingaGeneral Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a full-time Family Medicine practice in the community of Drayton Valley. This position requires a full scope of rural practice that includes inpatient, outpatient, acute, and long term care.The successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available.Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
RhPAP has a new initiative through the RESIDE program for Canadian medical graduates and Drayton Valley has been identified as an eligible community for thisprogram. You can find more information here:https://rhpap.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/20220906-FINAL_RESIDE_Infographic.pdf.
Drayton Valley - Pulling Together
- All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or hold a valid and relevant Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info:
- Posting Date: Apr 25, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.