General Practitioner - Enhanced Surgery Skills Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Bonnyville 42 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting a full-time General Practitioner with Enhanced Surgery Skills for the Pincher Creek Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
- obtain and maintain a full-time Family Medicine practice in the community of Pincher Creek;
- provision of inpatient admission services for patient panel, including maintenance of a call roster at the Pincher Creek Health Centre;
- be willing to participate in the Rural Medicine on-call rotation in the Pincher Creek Health Centre, including inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, Emergency Room and on-call and shifts;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- reside in and have has your primary residence Pincher Creek or surrounding area;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the Rules and AHS policies;
- join and be an active member of the Primary Care Network;
- work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues as a member of the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine at the Pincher Creek Health Centre;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine in AHS, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
Additional Notes About Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek is located in the southwest of Alberta, Canada. It is located immediately east of the Canadian Rockies, This is a great place to live and there are a number of services available to residents and visitors alike; from a wealth of community groups, Municipal Programs and excellent medical facilities. Pincher Creek offers a great quality of life with a healthy work-life balance.
The successful candidate must:
- have or be eligible for CCFP;
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- this position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment
- have successful completion of GP-Enhanced Surgical Skills training or Fellowship trained in Surgery;
Additional desired training:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
Compensation Type: Fee-for-Service
For more information on available incentives, please visit the Alberta Medical Association (AMA): www.albertadoctors.org
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.