General Practitioner - Lacombe Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Lacombe 81 views
We are looking for a physician with training in Family Medicine who will practice in a Family Medicine clinical practice. This position requires a scope of practice that includes community clinic, inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, emergency room shifts. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will be responsible for after hours inpatient care.
A successful candidate will hold either a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Emergency on-call experience that covers trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the previous 12 months
- Experience in obstetrical and neonatal emergencies and resuscitation.
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians
- Experience within the past 24 months running an office based family medicine clinic and being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Up-to-date ACLS/Life Support Training
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Lacombe Hospital & Care CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 35No. of LTC beds: 75No. of operating rooms: 1Description: Interventional pain management procedures done in LacombeEmergency Services: 24 hours/7 days per weekNumber of Emergency visits (per annum): 24,000Radiology ServicesDiagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Mobile Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Radiology Hours of Operation: 08:00 16:30 Mon - FriLaboratory Hours of Operation: 08:00 16:30 Mon - FriFor information about of Lacombe:www.lacombetourism.comhttp://www.lacombe.ca/
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.