General Practitioner - Lacombe Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Lacombe 14 views
Alberta Health Services is looking for a General Practitioner to establish a family medicine practice in the community of Lacombe. This position requires a scope of practice that includes community clinic, inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, and emergency room shifts. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will be responsible for after hours inpatient care. Long term care coverage at the Bentley Care Centre is desired.
The community of Lacombe is nestled in Central Alberta, 20 minutes North of the City of Red Deer. The region is filled with historical spaces, culinary delights, and natural beauty. It is a place where the people are honest and welcoming, where families can discover new traditions, experience the outdoors, and explore vibrant communities.
For information about of Lacombe:
A successful candidate will hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Emergency on-call experience that covers trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the previous 12 months
- Experience in obstetrical and neonatal emergencies and resuscitation.
- Up-to-date ACLS/Life Support Training
- Experience within the past 24 months running an office based family medicine clinic and being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Community / Primary Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: May 30, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.