General Practitioner - Lloydminster, AB Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Central Zone 78 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking full time physician for the City of Lloydminster. This position requires a scope of practice that includes primary care clinic work as well as AHS Long Term Care facilities. Most clinics are open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with a few open for a short time on the weekends, physicians will be expected to participate in after hours call rotation as well.
- All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice
- Proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
There are long term care facilities on both sides of the border (1 in SK, 2 in AB), but only a few doctors that hold dual licenses in order to cover this. Our new recruits, ideally, would be willing to take on some patients at the long term care facilities on one or both sides of the border.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Lloydminister is a city of approximately 27,000 people located on the Saskatchewan/Alberta border approximately 2 hours east of Edmonton on the twinned highway. It is a agricultural and oil community with many young families. The City has been growing rapidly with many major businesses now coming to the area.The hospital is located on the Saskatchewan side of the city. The medical community consists of 2 internal medicine specialists, 3 surgeons, 3 psychiatrists, a radiologist, 2 ob/gynes,4 anesthetists and 21 general practitioners.The city has to offer; public and Catholic school divisions, a community college with a theatre, a sports complex, an indoor swimming pool and numerous other recreational activities including 18 hole golf course. There is a small airport with service to Calgary and other communities and the international airport in Edmonton. The city's website is www.lloydminister.caTravel Time:To Edmonton: 3.25 hrsTo Calgary: 6.25 hrsTo Red Deer: 4.75 hrsTo Grande Prairie: 8.25 hrsTo Lethbridge: 7.75 hrsTo Medicine Hat: 6.5 hrs
- Posting Date: Sep 28, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.