General Practitioner - Red Deer Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 11 views
We are looking for a Family Medicine physician who will provide full time comprehensive community family practice. Full scope of practice includes Community Clinic, Acute Inpatient & Outpatient, LTC as well as provide care to the RD Hospice including on-call and the Vulnerable Population clinics where needed.
There is also an option to provide Optional coverage for hospitalist or obstetrical services based on operational needs. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries (if interested in Obsterics)
- Experience in obstetrical and neonatal emergencies and resuscitation (if interested in Obstetrics)
- Experience within the past 24 months being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
MOREOB/Advances in Labor and Risk Managment (ALARM)
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Red Deer Regional Hospital CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 222No. of Surgical Beds: 72No. of Intensive Care Beds: 18No. of Labor & Delivery Beds: 33No. of Day Surgery Beds: 31Hospital Statistics:Deliveries: 2500 p/yrRadiology Services:Diagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 24 hrsKidney Dialysis Unit on Site: YesCancer Treatment Services Available on Site: Yes
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.