General Practitioner - Red Deer Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 11 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking Family Medicine physicians to provide full-time comprehensive community family practice in the City of Red Deer. An interest in providing Hospitalist coverage is desired. There are also options to provide services in the following areas based on interest and operational need:
- Palliative Care
- Acute Care of the Elderly
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Vulnerable Populations
- Discharge Planning
- Surgical Assist
- Long Term Care
Red Deer is a thriving family-friendly city of over 100,000 people that is in close proximity to the Rocky Mountains and many other outdoor attractions. We are ideally situated between Edmonton and Calgary, both less than an hour and a half drive away.Red Deer has all the amenities you need: great school systems, well-equipped hospitals and health centres, and there's always lots to learn at our libraries and museums. With an assortment of recreationfacilities, multi-use trails and green spaces along with engaging local culture and art - there's an experience waiting for you.
Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre | Alberta Health Services
About Red Deer - The City of Red Deer
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries (if interested in Obstetrics)
- Experience in obstetrical and neonatal emergencies and resuscitation (if interested in Obstetrics)
- Experience within the past 24 months being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Feb 17, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.