General Practitioner - Rocky Mountain House Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Rocky Mountain House 19 views
We are looking for a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a fulltime Family Medicine practice in the town of Rocky Mountain House. A successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, and community clinical work.
A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Community / Primary Care
- Secondary Specialty: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Jun 14, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.