General Practitioner - Stettler Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 10 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a full-time Family Medicine practice in the community of Stettler. The successful candidate will be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, and community clinical work.
The Stettler Hospital & Care Centre has 26 funded acute beds and 7 OR, LDRP, COU and palliative beds, 46 LTC and 4 restorative beds, and Ambulatory/ER 24-7. The local physicians share 24 on-call for the facility, there are two additional G/P anesthetist who cover 24 hour on call anesthesia. There are 5 physicians part of the OBS rotation. There is an active day surgery/endo program where there are 14 visiting surgeons attending the facility three days a week. Obstetrical services covers a large geographic area, approximately 180-190 deliveries per year. At present there are 11physicians in two separate clinics, andall but one physician has hospital privileges. Locum coverage is available in this area.
RhPAP has a new initiative through the RESIDE program for Canadian medical graduates and Stettler has been identified as an eligible community for thisprogram. You can find more information here:20220906-FINAL_RESIDE_Infographic (rhpap.ca)
Stettleris a warm and friendly community located in the "Heart of Alberta".Stettleris an excellent community that boasts a low crime rate and is a great place to raise a family. Fully serviced residential lots are available at competitive prices and new attractive mature adult housing is available.Stettlerhas modern up-to-date educational facilities with grades K-12, including business, fine arts and vocational programs; Post-Secondary - The Big Country Educational Consortium in co-operation with Red Deer College.Stettlerhas a full compliment of health facilities, community social programs and spiritual denominations to suit everyone's needs.
You'll find a full selection of merchants and services of every type available inStettler.Once you have been here I'm sure you will agree thatStettleris a great place to be.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for service.
- Posting Date: Dec 29, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.