General Practitioner - Sundre Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Sundre 63 views
We are looking for a physician with training in Family Medicine who will practice in an office based Family Medicine clinic and local health facilities. This position requires a scope of practice that includes outpatient, acute, long term care, and emergency medicine (including shifts and on-call).
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will be responsible for after-hours inpatient care.
A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Neonatal resuscitation (NRP)
Certificate of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: SundreTown of Sundre WebsiteCommunity Description:Sundre is a town of approximately 2,500 in west central Alberta, located in the Red Deer River valley on Highway 22 (the Cowboy Trail). Sundre is 100km north-west of Calgary a one hour drive from the Calgary city limits and the International Airport. Our service population is about 7,500 permanent residents, but can swell to 30,000 or more in the summer. An outdoor enthusiasts paradise, Sundre has abundant running, mountain biking and cross-country ski trails and is on the doorstep of the Alberta foothills with thousands of square miles of recreational opportunities. Sundre also offers many cultural activities including dance, music, community theatre, and a vibrant arts community. There are three 18-hole golf courses within 10 minutes of town, and many athletic opportunities for adults and children alike, including organized hockey, equestrian sports, soccer, baseball, football, gymnastics, tae kwon do and curling and renowned whitewater kayaking and rafting on the Red Deer River. In addition, Sundre has an aquatic centre with a 25m pool and fitness facility, and is less than two hours from Banff-Canmore for world-class downhill skiing and snowboarding.Sundre has two schools; the modern River Valley School was constructed in 2008 and caters to students from Kindergarten to Grade 8. The Sundre High School is a highly regarded school with a strong commitment to academics, extensive opportunities for athletics, and many other extracurricular opportunities. Sundre also has exceptional daycare, preschool and after-school care programs conveniently adjoining River Valley School. The main industries in Sundre are forestry, agriculture and oil & gas.Travel Time:To Edmonton: 2.5 hrsTo Calgary: 1.25 hrsTo Red Deer: 1.00 hrsTo Grande Prairie: 7.5 hrsTo Lethbridge: 3.5 hrsTo Medicine Hat: 4.35 hrs
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.