General Practitioner - Three Hills Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Three Hills 32 views
We are looking for a General Practitioner for the Three Hills Health Centre and community.This position requires a scope of practice that includes inpatient, long term care, andemergency department coverage. Will be required to be part of the emergency department on-call schedule. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.In addition to providing services at the Three Hills Health Centre, a successful candidate will provide a full-time clinic based Family Medicine practice. There will also be opportunites for teaching students and residents.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license or be eligible for licensurewith the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Posting Date: Aug 23, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.