General Practitioner - Vegreville Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Central Zone 8 views
Alberta Health Services is recruiting a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a fulltime Family Medicine practice in the town of Vegreville.
The scope of practice will include inpatient, outpatient, acute care, community clinic and Long Term Care as needed. The successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Required certifications, skills and experience:
- Recent experience in independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- A successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience with both inpatients and private clinical practice.
- A successful candidate will have to have the experience, training and competency to be the sole physician in a rural Emergency Room.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Desired certifications, skills and experience:
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: http://www.vegreville.com/https://twitter.com/TownofVegrevillhttps://www.facebook.com/townofvegreville
- Posting Date: Jul 27, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.