General Practitioner w. Extended Obstetrical Skills Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Rocky Mountain House 16 views
We are looking for a General Practitioner with extended obstetrical skills (c-section) for a full-time Family Medicine practice in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. The successful candidate's scope of practice will support Family Medicine in the community including Emergency Room and Obstetrical On-Call coverage, Acute Inpatient & Outpatient care, Long Term Care, obstetrics and community clinical work.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience within the last 12 months, in all scopes of practice to be performed.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license or letter of eligibility with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of obstetrics. Preference will be given to a physician with obstetrical and cesarean section skill set.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Recommended certifications, skills and experience:
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Obstetrical Surgical Skills / Maternal & Newborn Care
- Secondary Specialty: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For Service, On Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Jun 13, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.