General Practitioner w. optional Anesthesia skills Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 67 views
Viking Medical Centre
Viking is home to three general practitioners who have combined specialties in obstetrics, anaesthetics, and internal surgery. All physicians participate in the on-call program at the Viking Health Centre. A physician with Anesthesia skills is preferable, but not mandatory.
Viking Health Centre
- No. of Inpatient Beds: 16
Available Specialty Services (full-time and part-time):
The Viking Health Centre is a modern, 16 bed acute care hospital. The centre is fully staffed to provide both emergency and general health care. Surgical, obstetical, laproscopic, and endoscopic procedures are performed on a regular basis. The centre also houses a physiotherapy clinic, a full lab and rehabilitation services.
Additional Notes About Viking
Viking stands as a model family-oriented centre with strong agricultural roots and a vibrant business spirit. The founders of Viking and those who followed envisioned a community where families could work, learn, worship and play in a safe, nurturing environment. Today's town leaders celebrate that vision by ensuring that the citizens of Viking have access to the best educators, cultural facilities and recreational amenities. The residents of Viking invite you to explore.
• Lies at the crossroads of Highway 14 and 36, providing quick and easy access from important points is Alberta and Saskatchewan.
• Has a population of 1085 (2006 Canada Cenus)
• Offers a range of recreational, historical, and cultural activities.
Source: Town of Viking Website - To learn more, please visit www.town.viking.ab.ca
To Edmonton: 2.0 hrs
To Calgary: 5.0 hrs
To Red Deer: 3.25 hrs
To Grande Prairie: 7 hrs
To Lethbridge: 7 hrs
To Medicine Hat: 5.5 hrs
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant License or Letter of Eligibilty with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- MOREOB/ Advances in LAbour and Risk MAnagement (ALARM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
This Position is Fee For Service
On Call Stipend – Physicians are remunerated for being on call.
Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs – AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Lindsay McDow at e-mail email@example.com
Company Operating Name: Alberta Health Services
Business Address: 43 Michner Bend
City: Red Deer
Province/ Territory: Alberta
Postal Code: T4P 0H6
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.