General Practitioner - Wetaskiwin Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Wetaskiwin 13 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking a General Practitionerfor a full-time Family Medicine practice in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. The successful will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice also includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, and community clinical work. Candidates require recent and relevant experience within the last 12 months, in all scopes of practice to be performed.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Aug 15, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.