General Practitioner with Anesthesia - Wetaskiwin Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Wetaskiwin 71 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking aGeneral Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine and Anesthesia for a fulltime Family Medicine practice in Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
The successful candidate will be required to provide elective daytime surgery, 24 hour emergency surgeries, assistanceto ED physicians with sedation and airway management, epidural services, as well as participate in the OR Anesthesia On-Call schedule.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license or Letter of Eligibility with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Experience and training in Anaesthetics including epidurals
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) with Anesthesia
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour & Risk Management (ALARM)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Anesthesia
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.