We are looking for aGeneral Practitioner with Enhanced Surgery Skillsfor a full-time Family Medicine practice in Wainwright, Alberta. The successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice also includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, low risk obstetrics and community clinical work. The doctor would have the ability if desired to run a part time family practice in addition to the surgical skills set. Candidates require recent and relevant experience within the last 12 months, in all scopes of practice to be performed.
- Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Extended Obstetrics skills
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) doing surgical and endoscopic procedures
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for service
- Community Info: ROAM to Wainwright... where opportunities aboundWainwright is hard working, community-minded, family-first and recreation master planned. We value what it means to be free. From our foundation lies a future where determination gets you everywhere while recognizing the value of building piles of fall leaves with a child, a game of catch with the dog or coffee with the neighbor.With a diversified and stable three pillar economy driven by agriculture, oil and gas and the military, Wainwright offers robust job prospects. Our population is a healthy 7,000 (including Wainwright Garrison) and growing. Because we are a major service center for the region, we supply Alberta with business opportunities that provide a stable economy and steady growth for the area.Our location at the crossroads of Highways 14 and 41, with a trading area of 40,000 people, creates robust commercial and professional service hub opportunities. Independent entrepreneurs benefit from business-friendly regulation, low business costs and affordable housing.Living the good life in Wainwright means local full service health service and educational infrastructure, an atmospheric Main Street, advanced recreational amenities and cultural celebration in our many annual events.To learn more about what our community has to offer you and your family, we encourage you to visit our website located at www.wainwright.ca. You can also find us on Facebook.Get busy living. Welcome to Wainwright!
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.