General Practitioner with GPA - Vermilion Part-time Job9 months ago Doctor / Physician Vermilion 30 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking a physician with training in Family Medicine with Anesthesia specilization to work part-time in our active OR. Currently there is only one facility anesthetist.
Responsibilities will include: Ambulatory surgery lists, endoscopy, PAC, optional Emergency Department with on-call shifts.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Experience and training in Anaesthetics
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) with Anesthesia
- PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support)
- ACLS/Life Support Training within the previous 24 months is essential
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.4
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: VermilionSituated on the edge of the picturesque Vermilion River Valley at the crossroads of the twinned Yellowhead Highway (#16) and Highway (#41) the Town of Vermilion boasts a thriving economy with vast opportunitiesA strong and growing retail and business sector coupled with a host of tourism activities, the Town of Vermilion is full of 'New Ideas for Living' with a commitment to community-based living. Vermilion's residents benefit from a superior quality of life and we are very proud to share it. We benefit from short commute times to work, the Vermilion Provincial Park in our back yard, and recreational facilities that cater to a wide range of lifestyles with a remarkable selection of opportunities for residents and visitors. Our community Services Department enhances the quality of life of Vermilion residents by facilitating community partnerships to provide opportunities that contribute to an economically strong, socially connected, culturally vibrant, and a sustainable community. Looking to relocate? Join us in Vermilion.Travel Time:To Edmonton: 2.5 hrsTo Calgary: 5.5 hrsTo Red Deer: 4.0 hrsTo Grande Prairie: 7.5 hrsTo Lethbridge: 7.0 hrsTo Medicine Hat: 6.0 hrs
- Posting Date: Nov 14, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.