We are looking for a General Practitioner for the Drumheller Health Centre and community.This position requires a scope of practice that includes a Family Medicine clinic based practice, inpatient, long term care, acute care, emergency department coverage, surgical assisting, low risk obstetrics and obstetrical surgical skills. Will be required to be part of the emergency department and c-section on-call schedule. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.In addition the candidate will contribute to teaching programs and activities, and adminstrative responsiblities, as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license or be eligible for licensurewith the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Advanced LifeSupport in Obstetrics (ALSO)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for service.
- Community Info:
There is nowhere quite like the Drumheller Valley! In the Heart of the Canadian Badlands in Southern Alberta, the Drumheller Valley offers visitors a unique combination of spectacular scenery and interesting things to do. Within easy driving distance of Banff, Calgary or Red Deer, a few hours on good all-weather highways will take you into another world - the world of startling contrasts between the deep past and the exciting present. Rolling fields suddenly give way to steep, dry coulees ridged with the strata of hundreds of years of erosion by time, wind and water. Through it all, the tranquil Red Deer River gently makes its way through parkland and myriad of recreational opportunities.
- Posting Date: Jun 23, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.