We are looking for a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a fulltime Family Medicine practice in the town of Olds. A successful candidate is expected to have a family clinic practice, with low risk obstetrics and obstetrical surgical skills. Required to
participate in the emergency department call schedule, and either join Hospitalist call schedule or be able to take care of own patients on acute care. Participation in Long Term Care would be desirable.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Family Physicians
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Advanced LifeSupport in Obstetrics (ALSO)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info:
Olds Hospital and Care Centre
No. of Inpatient Beds: 33
No. of LTC beds: 50
No. of operating room s: 2
No. of Deliveries: 320
Number of Emergency visits (per annum):18000
Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Mobile Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Laboratory Hours of Operation:0700 - 0000
Kidney Dialysis Unit on Site:Yes
Cancer Treatment Services Available on Site: No
If No, what is the approximate travel to the nearest service:40 km
- Posting Date: Jul 14, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.