We are looking for a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a fulltime Family Medicine practice in the town of Rocky Mountain House. A successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, low-risk obstetrics and community clinical work.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Apr 22, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.