General Practitioner with Obstetrics - Stettler Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 25 views
We are looking for a General Practitioner with recent and relevant training and experience in Family Medicine for a full-time Family Medicine practice in the town of Stettler. A successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, low-risk obstetrics and community clinical work.
The Stettler Hospital & Care Centre has 26 funded acute beds and 7 OR, LDRP, COU and palliative beds, 46 LTC and 4 restorative beds. Ambulatory /ER 24-7. The local physicians share 24 on-call for the facility, there are two additional G/P anesthetist who cover 24 hour on call anesthesia. There are 5 physicians part of the the OBS rotation. There is an active day surgery/endo program where there are 14 visiting surgeons attending the facility three days a week. Obstetrical services covers a large geographic area, approximately 180-190 deliveries per year. At present there a 12 physicians in two separate
clinics which all but on physician has hospital privileges. Locum coverage is available in this area.
- A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing low risk deliveries
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
Qualifications:Applicants must hold an MD or equivalent and must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. Candidates with advanced degrees awarded or in progress are preferred. Certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada or equivalent is required.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for service.
- Posting Date: Jun 16, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.