General Practitioner with Obstetrics - Wainwright Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Wainwright 22 views
We are looking for aGeneral Practitioner with Obstetricsfor a full-time Family Medicine practice in Wainwright, Alberta. The successful candidate will additionally be required to cover shifts and on-call in the local rural emergency room as the sole physician available. The scope of practice also includes inpatient, outpatient, acute care, long term care, low risk obstetrics and community clinical work. Candidates require recent and relevant experience within the last 12 months, in all scopes of practice to be performed.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of obstetrics. Preference will be given to a physician with obstetrical and cesarean section skill set.
Recommended certifications, skills and experience:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: ROAM to Wainwright... where opportunities aboundWainwright is hard working, community-minded, family-first and recreation master planned. We value what it means to be free. From our foundation lies a future where determination gets you everywhere while recognizing the value of building piles of fall leaves with a child, a game of catch with the dog or coffee with the neighbor.With a diversified and stable three pillar economy driven by agriculture, oil and gas and the military, Wainwright offers robust job prospects. Our population is a healthy 7,000 (including Wainwright Garrison) and growing. Because we are a major service center for the region, we supply Alberta with business opportunities that provide a stable economy and steady growth for the area.Our location at the crossroads of Highways 14 and 41, with a trading area of 40,000 people, creates robust commercial and professional service hub opportunities. Independent entrepreneurs benefit from business-friendly regulation, low business costs and affordable housing.Living the good life in Wainwright means local full service health service and educational infrastructure, an atmospheric Main Street, advanced recreational amenities and cultural celebration in our many annual events.To learn more about what our community has to offer you and your family, we encourage you to visit our website located at www.wainwright.ca. You can also find us on Facebook.Get busy living. Welcome to Wainwright!
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.