Geriatric Psychiatrist (CH-22-VC-PSY-GER-01) Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 15 views
Covenant Health in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta, invites applications for a Geriatric Psychiatrist to be based primarily at the Villa Caritas in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful applicant will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
In collaboration with their colleagues, the successful candidates will deliver a combination of in-patient and out-patient work, and will participate in the programs in-patient on-call schedule and vacation coverage. Service to out-patients will be provided through community geriatric psychiatry. There would also be an opportunity to work with the Continuing Care Psychiatry Consultation Service, which provides geriatric psychiatry consultation to patients residing in continuing care.
The successful applicants will be required to participate in the teaching program and will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry. An interest in participating in various hospital committees, sharing in some hospital administrative duties, and participating in departmental grand rounds is also an expectation.
- MD or equivalent.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Certification in Psychiatry with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Expertise and commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) in the healthcare environment.
- Understanding of Just Culture and its role in healthcare.
- Additional training in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Specialty: Geriatric Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.
- Posting Date: Sep 26, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.