Geriatrician or Care of the Elderly Physician- CRH Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 81 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is seeking afull-time Geriatrician or Care of the Elderly Physician.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- maintain a full scope of practice including inpatient consultative care;
- provide rural outreach;
- participation/ provision of the Geriatric on-call schedule;
- establish and maintain a full time Specialist Geriatrician practice in the community of Lethbridge;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- reside in and have as primary residence Lethbridge or surrounding area;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives.
- Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or be eligible for Certification with Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or;
- Care of the Elderly Fellowship from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
- Must have or be eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Senior's Health
- Specialty: Geriatric Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Compensation for this position is under a Specialized Geriatric Services Funding model
- Community Info:
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest acute care facility in the South Zone. It is located in Lethbridge, AB and is the region's main health care facility. It includes a 24/7 Emergency Department, Surgical Suites, Labour and Delivery, Inpatient Units, Psychiatry, Detox, Dialysis, Cancer Centre, Ambulatory Units, and Diagnostic Imaging.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.