Hospital Pediatrician Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 8 views
The Section of PHM holds the aspirational vision of being at the forefront of our developing subspecialty.We have academic members with expertise in Quality Improvement, Health Services Research, Clinical Research, and Medical Education and actively involved in collaborative projects with our national Pediatric Inpatient Research Network (PIRN).We also launched an academic Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship in July 2018 and currently support 1 to 3 PHM fellowship trainees per academic year.Clinically, in addition to inpatient activity, our Section supports an outpatient Follow-Up clinic and has a well-developed Complex Care program that aims to support and/or transition our most fragile patients. Our clinical members have diverse interests and support the academic mission of the Section.We are a very cohesive and collaborative group. In addition to direct clinical services, there is an expectation to contribute to non-clinical professional activities including participation in Department, Hospital, and Section-specific committees.Participation and support for academic activities occurring within the Section will be strongly encouraged.
Qualifications include certification in Pediatrics by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent and candidates must be eligible for an independent practice permit from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. The candidate must hold active certification in CPR and PALS.
Must read, write and speak English.
Only Canadians and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 0.65
- Department: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The successful applicant will hold a clinical appointment in the Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary and with Alberta Health Services. They will also be provided with the rank of Clinical Lecturer in the Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary or commensurate rank. The compensation is competitive and based on a sessional funding model. The practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits. For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
Calgary is one of the worlds cleanest cities and has been named one of the worlds most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders - in business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from a growing number of world-class dining and cultural events and enjoy more days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is less than an hour's drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains and boasts the most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.
- Posting Date: Jun 1, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 15, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.