Hospitalist - Grande Prairie N10 Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Grande Prairie 5 views
GRANDE PRAIRIE -The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is recruiting physicians to establish a facility-based Hospitalist program. The hospitalist will have hospital & admitting privileges, each position is a 1.0 FTE (full-time equivalency).
Duties include but not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Grande Prairie
Full time on-site participation in the Hospitalist program (schedule) to provide 24/7 coverage which may include but not limited to;
Combined In-Patient Acute care and Outpatient care
Patients attached to a family physician may have transfer of care to the family physician, after the admission is complete
Unattached patients (patients without a family physician) will be admitted to the care of Hospitalists group
Code blue response
Ambulatory clinics may include but not limited to;
Wound care, Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD) clinic, Pre-admission clinic, Rectal Bleed Clinic, Musculoskeletal Clinic
Outpatient IV therapies; including reassessments
Provide support to other ambulatory care patients or programs as required
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned.
Hospitalists will remain on-site at GPRH and not work in their clinic during assigned hospitalist shifts
Qualifications & Experience
- CCFP certification desired
- Must have independent hospital experience in a regional setting(acute care & long-term care), within the last 1-2 years
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is desired
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)is desired
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)is desired
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) is required to practice low risk obstetrics
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NPR) is required to practice low risk obstetrics
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Hospital Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Posting Date: Jan 10, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.