INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN - GRANDE PRAIRIE: The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is seeking a locum Internal Medicine specialist physician to join a strong group of clinicians with a variety of sub-specialty interests, which may include opportunity to tailor your practice in endocrinology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, oncology & geriatrics, etc. -Grande Prairie Regional Hospital - VIRTUAL TOUR
This 3-4 month locum position includes hospital privileges and general internal medicine hospital on-call duties. The duration of the locum is negotiable.
FRCSC (Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons Canada) designation is required.
Permanent employment may include the opportunity to participate in the "reading pool" for ECG's and/or to perform Exercise Stress Testing (with CPSA approval).
The successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close once suitable candidate is found.
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Under Alberta's Health Professions Act and Physicians, Surgeons and Osteopaths Profession Regulation, you must be a registered member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to practice medicine in Alberta.
To find more information on the certification process see General Practitioner & Family Physician Licensing Process and Specialist Physician Licensing Process on the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta website -CPSA
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: General Internal Medicine (GIM)
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jul 6, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.