Internist Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 159 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time Internal Medicine Specialist. The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Participate in the Department of Medicine Call Schedule;
- be willing to provide Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services;
- Establish and maintain a Specialist Internal Medicine practice in the community of Lethbridge;
- Reside in Lethbridge or surrounding catchment area;
- Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and AHS Policies;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives.
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
The individual must:
- have FRCPC certification;
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- participate in the on call rotation for the Department of Medicine.
You may refer to the Alberta Medical Association for more informaiton on further incentives
Thank you for your interest in a position at Chinook Regional Hospital in Lethbridge, AB. Please apply directly through this posting, any applications recieved by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission.
Alecia Kerber, Planner- Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.