Interventional Radiologist - CRH Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 8 views
Alberta Health Services South Zoneis seeking a motivated, confident, hard-working and team-orientedRadiologist with additional fellowship training in Interventional Radiology for the Chinook Regional Hospital.
The successful candidate will:
- function as a General Radiologist with special interest and expertise in their area of fellowship training;
- provide inpatient and community consultation within the community of Lethbridge, which will include provision of on call services to the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- establish and maintain a full time Diagnostic Imaging practice in the community of Lethbridge;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- reside in and have as primary residence, the community or surrounding area of Lethbridge;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- Participate in the quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Diagnostic imaging.
- have or be eligible to obtain FRCPC
- have Fellowship or extra training in Interventional Radiology
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
AHS Sponsorship offered for SPA portion of Practice Readiness Assessment only
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Diagnostic Imaging
- Specialty: Interventional Radiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee-for-ServiceFor complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact see https://www.albertadoctors.org.
- Community Info:
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
Radiology Associates has been proudly serving the people of Lethbridge and Southwest Alberta for over 40 years in the regional hospital, surrounding community hospitals and in a community clinic. RAI provides a full complement of services at Chinook Regional Hospital including 24/7 coverage, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, echocardiography, MRI, CT (including cardiac CT and CT colonography) and interventional radiology procedures. Services provided at the clinic include ultrasound, echocardiography, X-ray, mammography, bone mineral densitometry, body composition, as well as therapeutic pain injections into multiple joints and bursae, and spine injections.
- Posting Date: Aug 25, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.