Locum Academic Teaching Physician Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 11 views
This is a locum position with two full day clinics Tuesdays and Fridays (0.399 FTE Clinical) starting July 1, 2023 at the South Health Campus Family Teaching Clinic for 10 months.
The successful candidate will be expected to take over a panel of patients and be a primary preceptor for family medicine residents, and will be a PCN member.
Clinical Teaching and Service Responsibilities:
- Provide medical services to the patients of the Department of Family Medicine (DFM) Academic Teaching Clinics
- Provide clinical teaching and assessment to medical students, clerks, residents, and Alberta International Graduate (AIMG) Program Externs
- Provide task and patient coverage for colleagues as necessary; to provide continuity in time of need, flexibility to perform additional clinics may be requested
- Participate in after-hours care including on-call coverage (MD 24) and evening clinics
- Participate in the Alberta Triplicate Prescription Program
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives and clinical program development
- Attend meetings such as clinical operations meetings, academic business meetings, and clinical team meetings when available
- Participate in relevant education activities
- Participate in Interprofessional Education
Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Applicants are to submit CV and letter of interest (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- AHS Privileges through a Medical Staff appointment with the Section of Community Primary Care of the Department of Family Medicine
- Academic Appointment with the Department of Family Medicine
- Clinical teaching experience is considered an asset
- Certification from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
The candidate must have or be eligible for General Register with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
This position is not sponsorship eligible.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.39
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Mar 22, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.