LOCUM - General / Family Practice Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Bassano 32 views
Anticipated duration is 6-12 months.
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a Locum Family Physician for the Bassano Health Centre. This would include Inpatient, Outpatient and Acute Care. Call support as per AHS call schedules and expectations including ER on call rotation for Rural Medicine practices in the South Zone at Bassano. On call coverage with on call payments in accordance with the Alberta Medical Association agreement. Will also maintain a full Rural Medicine (Family Practice with Admitting privileges) clinic in the community of Bassano providing clinical service at least 5 days per week, minimum 40 hours and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service.
Clinic Name:Bassano Medical Clinic
Clinic Type:Group Practice
Clinic Hours:Monday-Friday 9:00AM-12:00PM & 1:30PM-4:30PM
Practice Description:Office and hospital practice
Clinic is supported by Palliser PCN
Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
CPSA and CMPA (current) required.
Current ACLS required.
ATLS, PALS, NRP preferred.
For more information on obtaining a CPSA license and the eligibility requirements, please visit The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.
This position is not sponsorship eligible.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Compensation Type: Alternate Relationship Plan.On Call Stipend: YesAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives:Several benefits are available to physicians through the AMA. To receive these benefits, physicians must be members of the AMA or pay a non-member administration fee. For complete details on AMA benefits, please contact www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info: Bassano is a community of 2300 with a small town, relaxed atmosphere and a low cost of living.Good schools and recreational facilities.[www.bassano.ca]Bassano's first hospital was built in 1914, and for a while served as the only hospital between Calgary and Medicine Hat. In 1919 the Town of Bassano took over the facility and began operating it as a Municipal Hospital. This original building was renovated and extended several times before being replaced in 1958 with the present building. Bassano currently has the distinction of having the oldest facility in the province.In November 1997, the Primary Care clinic was opened in the lower level of the building. At this time the name of the facility was also changed to the Bassano Health Centre to be more reflective of the wide range of services offered.Bassano Health Centre has 4 acute care, 1 palliative care and 8 continuing care beds, as well as 1 respite care bed.Service is provided based on a Primary Health Care model, and includes 2 Primary Care Nurses located on site.Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; we thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.Nicole AshmanPlanner - Physician ResourcesNicole.Ashman@ahs.ca
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.