Locum - ICU Physician Services - Red Deer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Central Zone New ▾ ▸ 1 additional location Central Zone 7 views
The Red Deer ICU is a 20-bed adult intensive care unit operating under a 24/7 coverage schedule. Alberta Health Services is seeking interested locums to participate fully in clinical activities for the 2024 calendar year to address a planned absence. We will likely be hiring for a full-time permanent intensivist in the future.We would also consider earlier or later start/end dates.
The coverage need is approximately 1.2 FTE which may be covered by one of more locums pending interest and availability. The final schedule is at the discretion of Medical Leadership.
Please submit expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
Red Deer is a thriving family-friendly city of over 100,000 people that is in close proximity to the Rocky Mountains and many other outdoor attractions. We are ideally situated between Edmonton and Calgary, both less than an hour and a half drive away.Red Deer has all the amenities you need: great school systems, well-equipped hospitals and health centres, and there's always lots to learn at our libraries and museums. With an assortment of recreationfacilities, multi-use trails and green spaces along with engaging local culture and art - there's an experience waiting for you.
The Red Deer Regional Hospital is a roughly 350-bed hospital, which is the only regional referral centre for Central Alberta. It provides specialty medical and surgical services, including general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology orthopedics, plastic surgery, and ENT. The Province of Alberta has announced a large expansion of the hospital, planning for an additional 200 beds, cardiac cath lab, and increase of operating room numbers.
- Provision of ICU physician services, including coverage of 1 of 2 daytime ICU teams, overnight call, consultations, phone consultations for out-of-hospital patients, and coverage of code blue/rapid response teams.
- The Red Deer ICU capabilities include invasive/non-invasive mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapy, invasive monitoring, hemodynamic support, and plasmapheresis.
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Locum compensation is primarily fee-for-service, with additional income support provided due to in-house call.
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.