Locum Intensivist CH-23-MCH-ACC-LOC-01 Temporary/Casual Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 6 views
Covenant Health in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the Department of Critical Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta, invites applications for a Locum Intensivist to be based primarily at the Misericordia Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. The term of the locum is one year.
The position will be comprised of regular clinical duties and includes the provision night time service coverage. The role will include involvement in resident teaching and clinical research facilitation.
The successful applicant will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- MD or equivalent.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Certification in Critical Care Medicine or equivalent with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Expertise and commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) in the healthcare environment.
- Understanding of Just Culture and its role in healthcare.
- Interest in Supporting the Critical Care Research program
- Interest in supporting Post-ICU/ICU medical clinic
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Adult Critical Care
- Specialty: Critical Care Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The position will be remunerated through a clinical alternate relationship plan (ARP) funding model.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and EDI education.
- Posting Date: Jan 12, 2023
- Closing Date: Apr 30, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.