Locum Specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine – Women’s Health, Edmonton Zone (22-RAH-WMH-MFM-LOC-13) Temporary/Casual Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 16 views
Alberta Health Services is inviting applications for a LOCUM clinical sub-specialist position in Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) to join the Womens Health program in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Maternal-Fetal Medicine program is based out of the Lois Hole Hospital for Women (LHHW) at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. The MFM program accepts referrals from Edmonton, Central and Northern Alberta, Nunavut, North West Territories and Western Canadian provinces. The catchment area for the program within Alberta sees 25 000 births or more per year. The LHHW is a tertiary, acute care hospital consisting of 22 full-time Obstetricians/Gynecologists in general practice and 25 sub-specialists. The annual birth rate is over 6500 births at this site alone. There are also three community hospitals in Edmonton that serve a large obstetrical population. The Womens Health program is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care, medical education, clinical innovation, and research.
The successful candidate will join a group of nine clinical and academic MFM sub-specialists who provide high-risk pregnancy consultation and ultrasound services. This group is part of a large multidisciplinary team including medical genetics, obstetric medicine, neonatology, pediatric cardiology, in addition to numerous other specialties. The practice includes care for both in-patients and out-patients, with over 30 000 patient encounters seen annually. There are excellent opportunities for collaborative clinical research and/or participation in CME education, which is encouraged and supported.
The Royal Alexandra Hospital is affiliated with the University of Alberta and serves as an important training hospital for residents and students. The successful candidate will be expected to apply for a clinical academic appointment in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Alberta. This will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry which has been internationally recognized as among the worlds top 50 medical schools and one of Canadas premier health-education institutions.
The term of the locum is one year, or a shorter duration can be considered.
- The successful candidate will have, or be eligible for, certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as in Maternal Fetal Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
- Completion of a clinical fellowship in MFM is required, with strong ultrasound and procedural skills expected. Interests in medical education and/or innovative research are strong assets.
- The candidate must be eligible for a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) license.
- The candidate must be eligible to apply to the CPSA for the Provisional Register Conditional Practice as a Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology if AHS sponsorship is required.
- Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 Immunization of Workers for Covid-19.
The competition will remain open until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit onlinea letter of interest, curriculum vitae outlining their current clinical and research interests, and three reference letters to:
Dr. Hajira Danial BMedSc, MD, FRCSC
Zone Clinical Department Head, Women's Health, Edmonton Zone
Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alberta
Details about the University of Alberta, the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, can be found on the Facultys Home Page at http://obgyn.ualberta.ca/.Details about Alberta Health Services and the City of Edmonton can be found atwww.albertahealthservices.caandwww.edmonton.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- Department: Women's Health
- Specialty: Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration is based on an alternative funding relationship (ARP) for Perinatology. Candidates must be appointed to the Alberta Health Services Medical Staff.
- Community Info: Edmonton is one of Canadas most vibrant and exciting cities. With a growing population of over one million, it is the cosmopolitan capital of Alberta, and is known as the City of Festivals. With an abundance of services, a beautiful river valley, and endless community activities, this energetic city has something for everyone. Edmonton boasts a superior public education system for school-aged children through Edmonton Public Schools. For more information, visit http://www.epsb.ca/
- Posting Date: May 20, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.