Maternal Newborn Care Family Practitioner Full-time Job6 days ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 3 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is inviting applications from family physicians with a background in low risk obstetrics to join the Department of Family Medicine in Calgary.
This physician will integrate seamlessly into a multidisciplinary team environment including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs).
The Rockyview General Hospital is an important training facility for residents and students, being affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the successful candidate will also be required to apply for a Clinical Academic Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary to play a critical role in supporting this valuable program.
1 permanent locum position will be available starting April 1, 2023.
Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Applicants are to submit CV and letter of interest (in pdf format) to email@example.com
The successful applicant will:
- Be certified in Family Medicine with the Canadian College of Family Physicians
- Hold active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Have current medical liability insurance coverage
- Demonstrate strong, clear communication skills including written, auditory, and verbal
- Have one year of obstetrical experience in Calgary
- Provide evidence of current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Have experience working at the Rockyview General Hospital
- Have an established community practice with the ability to contribute prenatal patients to our roster
The candidate must have or be eligible for General Register with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
This position is not sponsorship eligible.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Obstetrical Surgical Skills / Maternal & Newborn Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Jan 23, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.