Medical Advisor, Respiratory Therapy, Calgary Zone Part-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 8 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS) invites applications for the position of Medical Advisor, Respiratory Therapy under the Calgary Zone Medical Affairs Portfolio.
In a competent and professional manner, the Contractor will:
- Advise the Departments of Respiratory Therapy (PLC, RGH, FMC, SHC, ACH), through each site Manager on an ongoing basis in the creation / revision of Departmental operational policies as they affect the care delivered to the patients of Alberta Health Services.
- Facilitate endorsement to key stakeholder in the medical community on issues of delivery of Respiratory Service.
- Concerns raised by medical stakeholders and allied health care workers are discussed with the leadership team of the Department of Respiratory Therapy.
- Meet regularly and ad hoc with the Respiratory Therapy Department Site Managers to review issues of mutual interest and ensure that optimal communication channels are maintained to ensure that the best respiratory therapy care possible is delivered to the patients of Alberta Health Services.
- Attend and take part in the Respiratory Services Executive/managers committee meetings.Co-chair, as required, ad hoc working groups to enhance and optimize the respiratory care of patients within both the acute and community care sectors of Alberta Health Services.
- Collaborate with members of the department in the development, prioritization and implementation of educational seminars and clinical research protocols.
- Participate in Departmental equipment evaluation and selection.
Physician specialist in respirology or critical care required.
Proven leadership, communication, organizational, change management, team building and facilitation skills.
Expertise in developing and providing resources, consultation, and collaborative support to clinical stakeholder teams.
Experience in supporting and promoting clinical best practice and experience as a change agent.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, well developed interpersonal skills, ability to cultivate positive relationships and passion for patient safety.
Alberta Health Services privileges to practice at AHS facilities.
Are limited to current AHS medical staff
Must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write, and speak English
Questions regarding this opportunity should be addressed to Dr Elizabeth MacKay, Facility Medical Director, Peter Lougheed Centre by email (Elizabeth.MacKay@ahs.ca)
Application deadline: Friday, June 23, 2023
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Specialty: Respirology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: $22,600 - $26,000 per annumThe Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: May 29, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 23, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.