Medical Lead, Continuing Care – Venta Care Centre, 0123EDMpcc00049 Part-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 10 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Medical Lead, Continuing Care Venta Care Centre.
This 0.05 FTE position governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC), Facility Living and Post-Acute Care. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that clinical standards of care are being met and Alberta Health Services policy and procedure are followed.
The Facility Long Term Care (LTC) Medical Director works with the facility Director of Care in a co-leadership role to ensure effective delivery of comprehensive resident-centered care, address facility-specific issues, and to support quality and safety initiatives. Facility LTC Medical Directors should have a private contractual arrangement with the operator or organization which recognizes these site leadership roles and responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective delivery of clinical services at their site.
- Chair the site Professional Advisory Committee meetings.
- In collaboration with the facility pharmacist, ensure that medication management processes are in place consistent with zone and provincial standards, and that structured medication reviews occur quarterly on all patients.
- Ensure that a physician on-call system is in place for the facility.
- Oversee physician recruitment and succession planning and support medical staff.
- Assist in investigation of critical incidents, and address concerns related to medical care.
The position has an expected start date of approximately April 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 1 year.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
Candidates must be certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP or FCFP), be eligible to work in Canada, hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and hold or be eligible for appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Evidence of formal administrative education and training or equivalent experience would be preferred.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting and to Dr. Sandip Gandham c/o Sandra Baird at Sandra.Baird@albertahealthservices.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.05
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Jan 26, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.