Medical Oncologist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 10 views
Medical Oncologist, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta
The Department of Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta, Division of Medical Oncology at the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI), with Alberta Health Services is accepting applications for a Medical Oncologist. The CCI is a free-standing integrated cancer treatment and research facility that functions as the tertiary oncology referral centre for Northern Alberta. It has a strong record of basic and translational research as well as clinical trial activity in oncology.
The successful applicant will join a team of multidisciplinary cancer programs located at the Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton Zone. Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the treatment of gastrointestinal malignancies. For interested applicants, this position is eligible for an academic position with the University of Albertas department of oncology. Qualifications for the role include an MD, certification in Internal Medicine, special competency in Medical Oncology (or equivalent), and eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should arrange to have a current curriculum vitae as well as the names of three references forwarded to:
John Walker, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Section Chief, Department of Medical Oncology
Cross Cancer Institute, Alberta Health Services
11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1Z2
*All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Alberta Health Services respects, appreciates and encourages diversity
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta (CCI)
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Compensation:Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $318,086 (level 1) and $457,875 (level 4). Medical Oncologists may be either AHS employees or independent contractors
- Posting Date: Jul 22, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.