Medical Oncologist Temporary/Casual Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 14 views
Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services is accepting applications for a two-yearstemporaryfull time Medical Oncologist position at the Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centree (MEYCC) in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
The successful applicant will become a member of a multidisciplinary cancer program located at the Margery E.Yuill Cancer Centre (MEYCC) site in Medicine Hat, Alberta, and will join a team of medical staff, Nurse Practitioners and medical support staff working in the South Zone. This position is a frontline patient care position. In conjunction with Alberta Health Services appointment the successful candidate will be offered a cinical appointment with the University of Calgary.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide clinical services to the Alberta Health Services, Zone Clinical Department of Oncology, Community Oncology at MEYCC and commit their professional time to the provision of clinical care and to administrative responsibilities.
- Accept regular on-call night and weekend coverage at the appropriate Cancer site as assigned by the Medical Director, Community Oncology, or designate, in association with other members of the Community Oncology. Clinical services will consist of a combination of in-patient consultations, direct and indirect patient care as an attending physician, and outpatient clinics as determined by the Medical Director, Community Oncology.
- Ambulatory clinics will be assigned at the appropriate Cancer Site. Provide timely, accurate documentation of clinical services by producing, recording and approving documentation in patient records.
- Clinical activity would include participation in the site-specific tumour programs as appropriate including per review Quality Assurance activities, as negotiated with the Medical Director, Community .
- Support programs of education at an undergraduate, graduate (including all trainees within the Department of Oncology) and continuing education level (South and Calgary Zones, MEYCC, JACC and TBCC and other CPD events).
- Attend and participate in Grand Rounds and in research and clinical seminars of the Section/Division of Medical Oncology in the Department of Oncology and Community Oncology.
- Participate in the meetings and administrative processes of the section as requested by the Medical Director, Community Oncology.
- Accountabilities/deliverables will be reviewed on an annual basis and may change following discussion with the Medical Director, Community Oncology or by mutual agreement.
The successful applicant will be expected to deliver excellent patient care and must be eligible for licensure in Alberta and must have obtained Certificate of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC) by the time of appointment.
Interested applications should apply and arrange to have a current curriculm vitae as well as the names of three references forwarded to Dr. Abhijit, Acting Medical Director, Community Oncology. Email: email@example.com and apply at doctorjobsalberta.com.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta (MEYCC)
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $1,514.70/ service day (level 1) and $2,180.36/service day (level 4).Recruitment incentives: Relocation support: up to $10,000 for recruits within North America and up to $15,000 for recruits outside North America. Strategic incentives: the successful candidate maybe eligible for an additional recruitment incentive up to $50,000 conditional on leadership approval.
- Community Info:
The Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centre (MEYCC) in Medicine Hat is one of four Regional Cancer Centres within Cancer Care Albertas Community Oncology portfolio. Serving Southern Alberta and Southeastern British Columbia and Southwestern Saskatchewan, the centre delivers a wide range of state of the art treatment and care to cancer patients. Cancer care practice at the MEYCC is centered around 7 major tumour groups with rarer tumours managed in conjunction with consultation and expertise from the tertiary centers in Calgary and Edmonton. The successful candidates focus would be the care of patients affected by the more common malignancies, including Lung, GI, GU and Breast cancers. Medicine Hat is a growing community of 63,260 people in southeast Alberta. Located 169 km east of Lethbridge and 295 km southeast of Calgary, Medicine Hat and the adjacent Town of Redcliff are surrounded by Cypress County. Often described as an oasis in the midst of the prairies, the historic city of Medicine Hat makes a good base for day trips and is an Alberta destination worth exploring.
- Posting Date: Aug 3, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.