Medical Oncologist Temporary/Casual Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 8 views
Locum Medical Oncologist, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta
The Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology at the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI), with Alberta Health Services is accepting applications for a Locum Medical Oncologist (12 months term). The CCI is a free-standing integrated cancer treatment and research facility that functions as the tertiary oncology referral centre for Northern Alberta. It has a strong record of basic and translational research as well as clinical trial activity in oncology.
The successful applicant will join a team of multidisciplinary cancer programs located at the Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton Zone. This position will be primarily clinical, however, academic interests will be accommodated where appropriate, and participation in clinical trials is expected. The division is currently seeking someone with experience working as a Locum Medical Oncologist and the successful candidate should also be comfortable working with all major tumour groups.
Qualifications include an MD, certification in Internal Medicine, special competency in Medical Oncology (or equivalent), and eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should arrange to have a current curriculum vitae as well as the names of three references forwarded to:
John Walker, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Section Chief, Department of Medical Oncology
Cross Cancer Institute, Alberta Health Services
11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1Z2
Applyat Doctor Jobs Alberta, Requisition #MED0001CL
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 0
- Department: Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta (CCI)
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Compensation: Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $1,514.70/ service day (level 1) and $2,180.36/service day (level 4).
- Posting Date: Jan 25, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.